It has been a while since my last post. Being back at school has left me rather uncreative. The weekend just been was a long weekend. Friday night I went to Tash's boyfriend's surprise birthday party. I wore my vintage skirt, a grungy looking shirt from a store at Maroochydore and orange stockings. I stole the photograph below from Tash's blog Wooden Walrus
On Saturday I went into Brisbane and went to the markets with my friend Ruby. We had a lovely time.
Anyway, this is a list of my favorite stores in Brisbane. It does not include Op shops or online stores, I will discuss them at a later date.
- Metro Retro, Latrobe terrace Paddington.
I honestly believe it is the best vintage and retro store in Brisbane. The older store with the garage door (pictured) is full of reasonably priced pretty vintage things to buy. The new store which is near by has a lovely range of dresses that would be just perfect for my upcoming graduation (Well, November, never too early to start planning) and has possibly the nicest sales assistant I have ever met.
- Violent Green, Shop 9 Elizabeth Arcade, Elizabeth Street.
This is where I got my wonderful Vivienne Westwood/Melissa shoes. It has a great collection of street wear from designers like Karen Walker and Lover.
- Hopscotch, Elizabeth Arcade, Elizabeth Street.
There is also another one of these stores in the valley, though I like the Elizabeth street one better. It has very cute things. On Sunday I brought a handbag from there shaped like an old radio.
- Borders Elizabeth St, Because it is a three story book store that sells all my favorite magazines.
- JB High Fi. Because my favorite English comedies and cartoons are difficult to find anywhere else.
- Forever New. Really the only chain store around that is good to go to for something other than basics.
- Myer, simply because they have lovely underwear and stockings.